Top 12 Reasons Attendance-based Training Continue to Work
Today we have access to more ways to train and develop people than ever before.
E-learning and virtual training has gone from being a sort of niche education for technology subjects to becoming an often preferred, growing and common way of learning things. With ever-evolving technology and an increasing need to learn at their own time and at their own pace, e-learning has become popular with many.
Nevertheless, attendance-based teaching is still popular. In fact, it seems that the use of classroom training is growing. In Training Magazine’s 2017 Training Industry Report, it turns out that each employee receives more training hours than before and that a larger proportion of these were hours in the classroom.
Why do we often choose traditional attendance-based classroom courses in a technology-driven world?
Why do attendance-based training work so well?
We believe that every learning method has its advantages. If applied for the right things, with the right people and at the right time, any type of learning method can produce results.
Nevertheless, there are several things an attendance-based course can offer that is impossible to recreate in an equally good way technologically.
What values do we find in good, old-fashioned attendance-based classroom teaching? We give you our top twelve reasons why classroom courses still work:
1. In an ever-growing virtual world, there is a need for genuine interaction with real people. Classroom teaching is provided by a real human being who can both deliver information in an interesting way and communicate directly with training participants.
2. Experts are present to provide practical assistance and to answer questions on the spot. Thus, you have access to immediate help and support to correct errors and properly manage the content.
3. Ability to handle topics and questions outside the course’s main framework
4. Classroom settings are particularly useful for teaching complex topics and for things that require practical training, like for example tools or more complicated techniques
5. Valuable feedback from both the instructor and other participants. Positive feedback strengthens the participants’ inner motivation, which in turn is very important for effective learning.
6. Attendance-based training opens up the opportunity to build new networks and / or strengthen relationships with other students, share experiences and engage in social interaction.
7. Learning can be tailored to the needs of participants in classroom.
8. Dedicating time of your own free time or out of the office to learn something new really helps you to direct your focus towards the content of the training.
9. Professional instructors who provide classroom instruction are capable of providing information in a way that inspires, motivates, and engages the audience. This leads to a high degree of learning.
10. Physical presence is a completely different experience than sitting and observing something on a screen. Often, an attendance-based training means that you get more involved in the training and thus, become more engaged in the topics.
11. The quality of classroom teaching is usually much higher than many of the courses you find online. Remember: Anyone can call themselves an expert and upload a training video online.
12. Some of what employers are most concerned about is that employees have good communication skills and are good at teamwork. Such skills are much more likely to be created and developed through attendance-based courses than when sitting alone and watching a video online.
Contributes to increased competence, performance and productivity
As the reasons above indicate, it is no wonder that attendance-based training are still an important element in many training and development processes. This type of training improves learning by including the element of human interaction. Alone or combined with other training methods available today, attendance-based training help improve people’s skills, performance, and productivity.
Feel free to share your opinion on attendance-based training in the comments section below!
Did you like this article? Don’t forget to share it:
Do you want to become a better training provider?
Over 2,600 training providers make use of the solutions from FrontCore – and not without reason. FrontCore is one of Norway’s leading competence communities in web marketing of courses and cloud systems for training management. With over 18 years of experience in the training industry and our finger on the pulse of the market continuously, we help training providers achieve more efficient operations and higher revenue.
Do you want to become a better training provider?
Fill your training with participants
With the FrontCore sign-up system, you can easily collect and manage registrations from your own website.
Author: Eline Hagene
Inbound Marketing Manager
Eline produces content to help training providers achieve a more efficient and profitable day. She is certified in the Inbound methodology through Hubspot and has completed a Bachelor of Marketing management at BI Norwegian School of Management. Visit Eline’s LinkedIn profile here.
Course participants is of course the sole purpose of our businesses, right? But you are maybe wondering how to fill your courses and get the most participants in 2020? In this blog post, I will give you 5 tips you should follow to achieve fully booked courses this...
VR training allows course and training providers to offer more efficient training with a higher degree of security at a lower cost. But how effective is VR training for learning?
Do you need more participants for your courses or events? Here we have gathered 13 tips on how to write course descriptions that generate more participants by reading the first blog post in our “How to get more participants?” Series!